There you have it, the finished product. This particular paint tends to crack up as it dries when it is applied in blobs. Live and learn, I say. It was, after all, only leftover paint that I found on this farm. Moreover, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I have already sprayed on one coat of some clear protective stuff that I purchased, which I think should be marked up in my favor in the general area of “responsible, thoughtful conduct.”
Here I have placed a rather large dog in the foreground of the photograph better to give you some idea of the scale of the painting.
I have determined to mount the thing on the end of this building, an old corncrib, rather than on the end of the barn for aesthetic reasons too complicated to explain. It will go over that window up near the peak of the roof. I shall continue to refer to it as a “barn quilt” rather than as a “corncrib quilt,” however, simply to avoid unwanted and unnecessary confusion.
Jeff is my go to guy on practical matters relating to things made out of wood or metal. He happened to stop by yesterday–Saturday–to borrow twenty dollars. Before forking over the twenty dollars, I was able to engage him in a consultation on the mechanics of mounting the barn quilt. While nonplussed regarding the barn quilt itself, he is now totally committed to the project of mounting it on the end of that building. We have a plan. More about that later.